At Town and Country Animal Hospital we provide a safe and sterile environment for all surgical procedures. We understand that having your pet undergo surgery can be scary so we do everything possible to put our clients at ease.
Our veterinarians perform a wide-range of surgical procedures, including:
- Emergency surgery (laceration repair, wound repair, foreign object removal)
- Soft tissue/general surgery(i.e., growth removal)
- Orthopedic surgery
- Dental extractions/oral surgery
Our surgery patients are monitored and cared for in all of the same ways that human patients are cared for:
- blood work prior to the procedure to check for organ dysfunction that might preclude anesthesia
- Induction of anesthesia providing improved recovery
- Constant monitoring of your pet's blood pressure, oxygen level, heart rate, temperature, and breathing
- Intravenous fluids throughout the procedure to maintain adequate hydration and blood pressure for improved recovery
- Continuously monitored recovery
- Analgesic (pain-relieving) medications, before and after, for optimum pain control
- At the time of pick up you will receive a consult with the assisting veterinarian technician to go over the details of the surgery, home care instructions and answer any questions you may have.
- A post surgical instruction sheet is provided that includes information such as activity level requirements, feeding instructions, medications and follow up appointments.
Any anesthetic procedure includes some risk, but with the extra level of care we provide, those risks are minimized as much as current veterinary knowledge will allow. We care for your pets as they were our own.