We are Open! Offering Curbside Service.
We are OPEN for veterinary care and offering Curbside service to maintain social distance while still offering care for your pets. If your pet has veterinary needs, please call ahead and we will prioritize your pet’s care.Did you know we have the ability to see a wide range of veterinary care needs including the essential care services below? This is not an all-inclusive list, so please call if you have any questions.
- Wounds (lacerations/bite wounds)
- Ear infections
- Skin infections/parasites
- Urinary tract infections
- Respiratory disease
- Vaccines (vital for illness & disease prevention)
- Flea, Tick, Heartworm prevention
- End of life care
We have implemented the following safety protocols in accordance with CDC guidelines:
- It is essential that anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath), or who has been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, or who has traveled internationally in the last 14 days to please reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- If above does not apply, please utilize our curbside service. Call us at (503) 761-2330 when you arrive in the parking lot and we will come to you to get your pet for the exam. For your convenience, we will take information regarding history and concerns over the phone at the time of your arrival. We will continue to communicate via phone or text regarding treatment and/or results.
- For end of life appointments, we will escort you and your loved one directly into the exam room.
- Emergencies will be assessed immediately upon arrival. Please call ahead, if at all possible, so we know to expect you.
Your Veterinarian in Portland Oregon, Town and Country Animal Hospital
Looking for a vet? Portland Oregon's Town and Country Animal Hospital is a full service veterinary hospital providing the finest professional health care for your pets. Our goal is to provide the best veterinary care for any medical, surgical or dental needs. Our health care staff will give loving care to your animal companions and personal attention to you by providing a warm, friendly and compassionate hospital environment.
Our team of veterinary professionals includes veterinarians with extensive experience in Orthopedic Surgery, Heart Conditions, Skin/Food Allergies and Internal Medicine.
Our facility has the prestigious accreditation status of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). That means our doctors, staff and hospital routinely participate in continuing education, follow stringent guidelines and undergo regular evaluations so you can have the confidence knowing that your pet is receiving the most up to date care available in Portland, OR.
Pet's Overall Health
Companion animal medicine has made great progress over the last few years. This medical progress has made it possible for pets to enjoy longer and healthier lives. The best veterinary medicine is still preventative medicine. An annual, or biannual exam for older pets, is key to keeping your pet healthy. Pets age much faster than their human friends and a physical examination by a veterinarian can reveal developing problems before serious symptoms appear. Vaccinating your pet against contagious diseases is another important component of complete health care for your pet.
Our mission is to be your animal companion's advocate. This means we have your pet's best interests in mind. We will always base our recommendations upon what is best for your pet's health. Your pet's health and happiness are our highest concern.
More than just a vet. Portland's Town & Country Animal Hospital is your animal's second family. We care for yours like they were one of our own.
More than just a vet, Portland Oregon's Town and Country Animal Hospital is your animal's second family.
Dr. Lisa Mahlum
Dr. Lisa Mahlum is originally from the Pacific Northwest where she received her veterinary degree from Oregon State University in 2006. Following graduation, Dr. Mahlum completed a rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery (2006-2007), and Residency in Emergency and Critical Care (2007-2010) at Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. She was awarded Diplomate status with the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC) in 2010.
Following the completion of her residency, Dr. Mahlum has worked as a Staff Criticalist in New Jersey, New York City, California and Oregon. Dr. Mahlum recently moved back to California and has re-joined the team at ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospital in the Emergency and Critical Care Department in Culver City.
Hospital in the Emergency and Critical Care Department in Culver City. Her interests include management of trauma, anesthesia monitoring, fluid therapy and pain management and has spent a fair amount of time internationally as a volunteer veterinarian. She enjoys traveling, reading, outdoor activities and spending time with her two young daughters, Claire and Eleanor.